SM&CR is designed to improve accountability and enhance the focus on culture within regulated financial services firms.
The FCA implemented this regime for banks in early 2016, consumer credit firms in 2019 and is now committed to ensuring firms have complied with the requirements.. The deadline for solo-regulated firms to have undertaken the first assessment of the fitness and propriety of their Certified Persons has been delayed from 9 December 2020 until 31 March 2021.
Themis Consultancy can provide comprehensive and practical SM&CR support, designed to help firms and individuals review and maintain compliance.. Our SM&CR services include:
- Review of existing Statements of Responsibilities and identification Senior Managers and Certified Functions
- Post-implementation assurance reviews for Senior Managers
- Assistance to embed Certification Regime
- Creation of policies, processes and documents necessary to comply with SM&CR
- Breach Reporting policy, guidance and forms
- Senior Manager and Certified Persons Training
- General staff training – Conduct Rules